Thursday 4 October 2018

Blog Feedback and Learner Response


WWW: This is a glorious start to GCSE Media – what a wonderful blog! I think it’s great that you’ve customised the look and – most importantly – the work is showing huge potential too. I completely agree with your intention of aiming for a 7-9 grade and let’s go for the top! It’s difficult to pick out a particular piece because you’re offering excellent depth and detail across the blog – from your opening questions that offer engagement and thoughtful responses to your WaterAid analysis which is extensive. Keep up the good work!

EBI: A minor criticism: we need to be adding the depth and detail you offer for the WaterAid advert for the Heinz advert. You’ve perhaps chosen a tricky advert to offer in-depth analysis but you could write about how well established the Heinz brand is and the instantly recognisable colour scheme. Always remember to explore texts from a variety of angles and offer extended paragraphs in your written analysis!

LR: Reflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?

My first month of Media has actually been really enjoyable and interesting. I find the idea of doing homework in the form of blogs makes it seem like less of a task and more of a fun thing to do. Using technology makes it much easier and quicker to complete as I am more used to it than writing. This makes me feel like I can express myself more using blogs which is part of the reason why I used a picture I took as the background for my blog. 

I feel that my strongest piece in Media is my WaterAid analysis because I was able to go into a lot of detail and pick out little parts of the the image and analyse them as much as I could. 

I think that my weakest blog in Media is either my Heinz Advert Analysis or the 10 questions. The reason that I think this is because for the Heinz Advert Analysis I could have further analysed it but I found this quite difficult due to it being quite a plain advert with not much going on. I also think that for the 10 questions I could have spoken about CLAMPS (Costume, Lighting, Actors/Actions, Make-Up, Props and Setting) to improve my explanation and make it more high level.

I need to develop my ability to look deeper into the text/image in order to make my analysis longer and more impactful. I can improve the depth and detail of my media analysis by expanding on what I've said further and turning it into a more advanced work that will make me feel proud once I've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment