Tuesday 29 January 2019

January Assessment: Learner Response

Total: 20
Grade: 5

WWW: Some very good points and examples - particularly in the first half of Q4.

EBI: Revise terminology for Q1 + 2! E.g. psychographics
For Q3 try to include context from the media product before going to unrelated examples.
Q4 is solid but needs a bit more depth and ideally s conclusion. Perhaps timing is an issue?

Q1: 0/1 
I think I missed out on a mark on question 1 because I went back to change my previous answer despite the fact that it was correct.

Q2: 0/1
I think I also missed out a mark on question 2 because I got confused with the different psychographic groups. 

Q3: 6/8
I think I missed out on marks for question 3 due to the fact I was rushing and ended up using incorrect terminology and drifting off to topics that did not relate to the wartime advert.

Q4: 14/20
I think I missed out on marks for question 4 due to running out of time and not going into more depth about the impacts that the changes of the internet had on the audience.

Terminology:
Psychographics - More detailed audience profiling which allows media institutions to target their project more successfully. This includes their hobbies and interests: values, attitudes and lifestyles.

Mainstream - People who live in the world of the domestic and the everyday believing in 'we' rather than 'me'. They respond to family brands and their core need in life is for security.

Reformer - Value their own independent judgement and are often seen as intellectual. Seeking out the authentic and are often at the leading edge of society. Their core need in life is enlightenment.

Explorer - Driven by a need for discovery and challenge, typically young in nature. They are often the first to try out new ideas and constantly seek things out. Their core need in life is discovery.

Aspirer - Materialistic and are driven by others' perception of them. They respond to what others perceive as being superficial and are more interested in appearances. Their core need in life is status.

Question 3:
I was successfully able to write about both the oppositional and preferred reading in my answer for question 3. I believe that my answers matched 4 points on the mark scheme, 2 from both oppositional and preferred readings.

Re-draft:
I think that the negotiated reading of this media product is that some may be able to see the fact that the creators wanted to build a sense of camaraderie between women but can also be interpreted as women lacking in femininity. Another reading is that some may see it as empowering women but also saying that you must be muscular as well. A lot must be done in order to gain a figure similar to the one in the product and so it could come across as intimidating despite knowing it had good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment