Sunday 16 September 2018

First Blog - 10 Questions 


1) Which part of the course are you looking forward to most?
The part of the course that I am most looking forward to is creating a product that the exam board will assign to us in June.

2) What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in Media?
In Media, I hope to be able to spot fake news immediately to ensure that I can be aware of what is actually happening in the world and what the public is not being told. I also hope to be able to improve my ability to successfully deliver my own influential videos in the future. 

3) What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?
Realistically, I am hoping to achieve a grade 7 or above in Media, though I am aiming to get a grade 9 if possible. 

4) What was the last TV programme or film you watched?
The last show that I watched was Violet Evergarden which is an anime.

5) Why do you think that TV programme or film appealed to an audience?
I think that Violet Evergarden would appeal to an audience because of the outstanding animations, use of sounds and emotions all incorporated into it. In addition, the lite novel was the first work to win the grand prize in the Kyoto Animation Awards program's novel category in 2014, this let's the audience know that there must be something special about this series which would encourage them to watch it.

6) What technology have you used to access the media in the last 24 hours? (Radio, TV, phone etc.)
In the last 24 hours the technology I have used to access the media include: Phone, iPad, Laptop, Computer and TV. 

7) What device do you use most to access the media?
I commonly use my phone to access the media as it is easy to use and I can use it outside as well as inside.

8) Watch this clip from acclaimed BBC drama series Doctor Who:
Watched.

9) Why was the casting of Jodie Whittaker a significant moment in the history of Doctor Who?
The casting of Jodie Whittaker, the 13th doctor in 2005 was a significant moment in the history of Doctor Who because she was the first female doctor in the science fiction television series.

10) What aspects of this scene do you think an audience might enjoy? List at least three things and explain why the audience would enjoy each aspect.
I think that the audience would enjoy the aspect of regeneration within this scene, it would make them interested to find out who the next doctor will be, how they'll carry out what the previous doctor had been doing and will therefore cause them to keep watching the series. I also think that changing the actor is a bit of a change which will make the audience more excited. Finally, I think that the special effects used when the light was seen to be emanating from the 12th doctors body, this would make the audience feel fascinated by the scene.

Extension question: What can you spot in Doctor Who that you will find in most television dramas? (E.g. characters, dramatic music etc.) These are called key conventions - list as many as you can think of. 
I can spot that the use of dramatic music, voice, dialogue, editing and cinematography makes it quite similar to other Television Dramas as it causes everything to work together and in turn makes it more effective.

Extension question 2: What would a Doctor Who fan ('Whovian') particularly enjoy about this scene?
I think that a Doctor Who fan would particularly enjoy this scene because of the fact that having a female play the doctor created more independence for them as during that time no one would have ever thought of there being a female doctor. Also, seeing a show that has male dominating roles and having a female take place would make fans quite shocked yet amazed at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment