Thursday 11 July 2019

End of Year 1: Learner Response

GCSE Media Studies Year 1: Learner Response

1)
I am relatively pleased with my End of Year 1 exam results.

2)
I am quite happy with the fact that I got a Grade 7 in the first paper but am a bit disappointed that my Grade was brought down by my second paper. Despite this, I thought it went very well and I am alright with what I got.

3)
I feel that my strongest topic areas from what we've studied so far are Magazines and Advertisements as I achieved relatively high marks on questions involving these topics. I feel that my weakest topic areas from what we've studied so far are select parts of TV such as the social and cultural aspects of it which is a question I struggled with quite a bit.

4)
In the next set of mock exams in November/December I will make sure to polish my exam techniques and work more on my timing which prevents me from writing the required amount of paragraphs I need for a higher grade. I will also make sure that I really look into social and cultural context in order to get a better understanding of what the question is actually asking me.

5)
The grade I hope to achieve in GCSE Media Studies this time next year is a Grade 8 to 9 considering the fact that I was able to get a Grade 7 in paper 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment