Thursday 23 January 2020

December Paper 2 PPE: Learner Response

1)
Total = 67 = Grade 8

WWW:
Wow! This is phenomenal and shows we absolutely need to be aiming for those top levels. Your engagement with the questions and relevant media debates is just superb. Keep it up! 

EBI:
The challenge now is to break into the top level (17-20) in the 20-mark questions through depth of analysis, range of examples and the synoptic element in Q5. Do the Grade 9 extension work as revision too!

2)
On a scale of 1-10 I would say that I am currently on a 6. I did some revision and preparation for the exam but I feel as though I could have done a lot more.

3)
In Question 2 I could've made the point that both April and Susan both live in single adult households and being seen to challenge parental authority. There is also the point of Susan being a lone teenager in an adult world not being able to make decisions for herself unlike April. Finally, I could have mentioned the fact that they are 50 years apart and yet they still show some similarities with them being highly intelligent and dominant characters.

4)
For the 20 mark essays I think that I will have to aim to time myself better with each question in order to write one more paragraph for the three 20 markers to make up for any points that could help me to attain a higher mark. I also think that especially for they synoptic questions I should aim to talk about a lot more CSPs and go into more depth when relating it to the question. Planning could also help me to know exactly what I'm writing rather than thinking while I'm writing.

5)
For Question 5 I also could have talked about the Kim Kardashian and Galaxy advert CSPs emphasising the fact that traditional media is definitely what helps to make a celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment